Kids' Pasta Project volunteers serve in the North Fork community, including the rural towns of Paonia, Hotchkiss and Crawford.
● Community organizations benefit from celebratory fundraising dinners. We have served 170 dinners for community organizations since we began in 2009.
● Dinner guests benefit by enjoying a delicious dinner and learning more about the community organizations. The average number of guests is 40 per dinner.
● Local producers and businesses benefit. Whether we buy food supplies, get them at wholesale prices or have them donated, we highlight local food and let the dinner guests know where the food comes from.
● Families benefit as kids and parents have opportunities to participate in community service together. While kids learn a lot from the process,
parents also enjoy the time working with their kids and other families.
● Others in the community also benefit from the opportunity to volunteer. While most of our volunteers are kids and their parents, we have had farm interns, business owners, grandparents and others participate simply because they enjoy the dinners and want to help.